Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Harpers First Birthday Planning

Today consisted of a lot planning for Harper's first birthday, which is fast approaching *yikes*. I had finalized her invitation design and printed them out. I started creating a list of finger foods I want to make and drink options. I'm thinking comfort foods and tasty drinks - including maybe a hot chocolate bar :) The theme for her birthday is winter ONEderland - yes November isn't technically winter but pretty damn close. I got the ONEderland theme off of pinterest and I could not resist!
I was in our dining room/sitting room, working on birthday stuff while this little peanut crawled around the floor next to me, getting into everything!
She is on the move - constantly. I should add that the other day she got startled by the dog and flung herself back, hitting her head off of a plastic coin (goes with her treasure chest toy) - she lost her mind, and so did I. She cried..I cried. It was terrible. She had an outline of the toy imbedded in her head - I almost ordered her a mini helmet. Why do they have to hurt themselves? Yes I know it's part of them growing up and becoming more independent. BUT it freaking sucks. Seeing your child..your little human..cry because they've hurt themselves is total torture.


I can't believe that in a month and a half, we're going to be celebrating a year since this little beauty came into this world. Waaaaahhhhhh!

Oh and she's still obsessed with all of the curtains in our house. 


 There is going to be lots of gold and glitter at Harpers birthday party! 

I'm also going to be making a DIY massive chalkboard that I will have decorated and propped against the wall on the table with her smash cake, cupcakes and desserts (it will be amazing!). I'm also wanting to make some fun gold pom pom garland and a photo garland that will have pictures from every month of her first year. I also came across an amazing idea off of pinterest (#obsessed), that consists of a black artboard with all of her favourite things outlined in fun bright fonts. It would make a great keepsake and would look awesome in her room for decoration. Guess a trip to Michaels is in order! 

I'm going to post along the way as I plan more and collect/make more decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment