Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Movies & Muffins

It seems everyday this little one gets bigger and busier! I find the both of us are exhausted at the end of the day. We've hardly been able to keep Harper awake until 6pm. She's now bathed and in bed by 6:30pm every night. Today, while we were playing in her colourful playpen, we were watching "Hotel Transylvania" on Netflix. It's a cute movie and it has a Halloween feel to it - which is awesome in my books.





 This little beauty is pulling herself up all the time now and even will take steps while only holding one of my hands. I think in the next few weeks, she will be walking - which is slightly terrifying! As much as I want to see her learn new things, it makes me sadder and sadder because she is growing up way too fast. Sometimes I just want to slow things down.



This Thursday Harper is 10 months old. *Huff*. It's so bitter sweet for me. That means only two more months that I am home with her before having to return back to work. The idea alone of having to say goodbye to her for 8 hours makes me want to ball my eyes out. I know I'm not the only one to have a hard time returning to work, but it seriously freaking sucks. This is my little lady and as much as she is very attached to me, I am just as attached if not more to her. When Fraser and I do manage to get out of the house without her (which is hardly ever), I can't stand it. I'm constantly checking my phone and itching to get back to see her. The first week of me being back at work, is going to be an absolute shit show. I'm going to be a ball of emotions sitting at my desk - fellow employees, be prepared ;). 

On a more upbeat and less depressing note, I got around to making Harper some healthy mini banana muffins today. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Here is the recipe:

1 ripe banana - mashed
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
3 tbs of whole wheat flour
 3 tbs of all purpose flour (I used all whole wheat flour)
2 tbs of vegetable oil (I substituted with Apple sauce to make them healthier, same amount)
2 tbs of chopped raisins (I didn't have any on hand)

Mix all wet ingredients and dry ingredients into two separate bowls. Add banana mixture into the flour mixture, slightly mixing (don't over due the mixing as this won't allow for the muffins to be light and airy). 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack afterwards.

Being that there is no added sugar, the muffins aren't packed with loads of flavor, instead you're left with a slight banana and cinnamon taste which is actually really nice. I plan to make Harper some pumpkin cinnamon mini muffins and maybe some blueberry muffins as well. These are perfect for snack time throughout the day along with some yogurt or fresh fruit. 

At the end of the day, my brother Christopher came over for a quick visit to pick something up and I got a couple really nice shots of the him and Harper.



Hope everyone has an awesome week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment