Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Fun

Ahh what a fun weekend. Too bad it is over. It started off Friday with the peanut and I having some fun, playing with the 10 000 toys she has - all of which she thinks are less interesting than our curtains, the dog toys and cupboards.
 
Since the weather has cooled right down, I've had fun dressing Harper in all of her adorable new fall/winter clothes I bought her a couple months ago. This Gap sweater is so sweet and if it came in my size, I would totally rock it!
This fancy contraption was a life saver...in the sense that now when I need a break from chasing this one around - from constantly attacking my curtains - I have a fun coloured cage playpen to put her in to give me a tiny break. I don't leave her in there to hang out all by her lonesome, I usually set my laptop (being that the playpen is located in our dining area) and put a show on Netflix. She seems to not even notice it, she just sits there with me a plays with her toys. 
 This specific night she also successfully fed herself with her spoon. I know this isn't exactly mind blowing being that she is almost 10 months old, but as previously mentioned Harper was a little slow on the whole solids band wagon. She took almost two months before she even started to enjoy solids. She's also JUST eating textured solids without gagging up a storm! SO this was a very proud moment for all of us. As you can see, she thought it was very important to feed the side of her face and nose as well :) 
After her success with feeding herself, I gave her a nice warm bubble bath and got her all dressed up in her Halloween jammies. She's such a cutie-ba-tootie!
Sunday morning we were off to our outdoor photo shoot all thanks to some friends who bought us a gift certificate for Christmas last year. It couldn't have been a more perfect day for it either - 19 degrees and sunny. Our little lady was all dolled up and ready to go - seriously, look at those lips!


The photo shoot was quick and we were on our way home before we knew it!

Harper was playing with my rings when she decided she wanted to hold my hand the entire way home..I melted a little inside.



We decided since it was a nice cool afternoon/early evening, it was the perfect time to take Harper and Josie for a walk to the park. I got miss Harper all bundled up and off we went.


Fraser thought it would be funny to take Josie down the slide..I'm not sure how much she loved this. Haha.

Harper on the other hand, loved going down the slide with her momma.




My little noodle!

I was so excited to come home to homemade stew..Oh my goodness it was sooooo good. Really simple but oh so delicious. 

Recipe:

4 lbs of stewing beef (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 medium sized red onion chopped
3 small white potatoes chopped
3 small red potatoes chopped
3 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1 carton of low sodium beef stock
1 jar of pasta sauce
garlic powder
onion powder
1 cup of frozen corn
2 tbs of brown sugar
2 tbs of flour

Brown the beef in 2 tbs of olive oil - add to rest of ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours. AH-mazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment