Saturday, September 27, 2014

Early bedtime and major milestones

 This lady has been on a super early bedtime streak lately, we're talking 6pm almost every night. I'm not complaining as this is sheer bliss at night having 4+ hours to ourselves when she's asleep. I might not love this so much when I return to work as I will have all of maybe two hours at night with her before she's ready for bed - which will bum me out. That being said, I don't think this will stick for very long. I'm thinking in the next few months she will start to push her bedtime which is fine for me as 6pm seems a little too early.
 Harper has simply amazed me this past week. I can't even believe the things she has accomplished in a mere seven days. Firstly, we were in her bedroom getting ready for nap and reading a book when she decided she wanted to take 5-6 steps (no help) on her own. Of course it ended with her falling on her bum but HOLY. She did it like it was nothing and I wish someone was there to take a picture of my face as I witnessed this. I was completely shocked. Yes she has been very steady on her feet while holding my hands, or holding onto something else - but wwwwwwhat? And the cutest thing was how proud she was. Little monkey.
Another thing she has FINALLY accomplished is putting small pieces of food in her mouth by picking them off of her tray. She hasn't perfected it yet, as most pieces end up on her lap, but she gets every third piece of food in her mouth (haha). This was something I've been working on with her for a while now and she couldn't have cared less. She used to much prefer her momma feeding her - oh what a life. The other thing, which she literally mastered the next day, was finally tipping her sippy cup properly so she could get some water on her own. Shes been lifting her sippy cup up to her mouth for a really long time (5 months) but she never could figure out how to get the water into her mouth. I would always have to help her by lifting it for her. Not anymore :) Again, something she is super thrilled and proud of.
This little lady still does not like to be very far from her momma.
Hanging out in her playpen.

Those lashes!
We decided to go outside to do some yard work, since this one didn't want to have a second nap. She just hung out in her stroller and lounged, munching on her organic blueberry puffs.

The leg then made its way up onto the rail of her stroller, which usually means she is getting sleepy.
Yup, very sleepy.
Sweetest babe ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment