Monday, September 1, 2014

Quick Everyday Morning Routine

 Since having Harper my everyday morning routine has drastically changed..duh. I don't have 45 minutes to get ready in the morning like I may have had before, more like 10 minutes - and this consists of Harper sitting in her highchair watching me like a hawk, playing with random things to keep her occupied and distracted.

Being home on maternity leave means I don't necessarily want to have a face full of makeup and be all dolled up, only to have various bodily fluids ending up on various parts of my clothing/body. However, I don't like feeling like a total bum and looking like utter crap throughout the day. I wanted to shed some light for anyone interested (..), on my morning routine and things I like to do to freshen up for the day.

8/8:30am: Wake up for the day
8/8:30am-8:45am: Get Harper dressed/Sit her in her highchair
8:45am-8:50am: Get dressed
8:50am-9am: Put some makeup on 

My makeup routine isn't anything crazy as I've never been a fan of wearing a ton of makeup, especially having foundation and powder all over my face. I've always been a tinted moisturizer kind of girl and a huge lover of blush. Blush takes you from looking like a pale ghost, to actually looking like you have a pulse. Some of my favourite brands for blush would have to be Nars and TheBalm. Blush is one makeup product I will actually spend a lot of money on because its something I use on almost a daily basis. Another favourite makeup product of mine is lip gloss. Again, another product that can perk up your appearance almost instantly. Currently my favourite lip gloss brands are Buxom and Bare Minerals.



1. Origins Vita Zing Tinted Moisturizer. This stuff is truly amazing. It has little speckles of tint in it, so while you are rubbing the moisturizer into your face it starts to change colour. The even cooler thing about this product is that it works with your skin to determine the colour. This stuff is on the pricier side ($45), however it lasts for at least four months plus.

2. TooFaced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palette. This is a newer purchase however it has already become one of my favourites. If I wear eyeshadow, I generally gravitate towards neutral tones. I love my Urban Decay Naked 1 palette, but this new palette is great as well. It has great pigmentation and there's not one colour I wouldn't use (which never happens with me). Again, this small palette is on the pricier side ($45) but in my opinion is totally worth it.

3. Nars Blush. I am obsessed with blush in general however there are some brands that do everything right when it comes to blush, i.e. their packaging, pigmentation and staying power of the blush. Nars is one of those brands and is worth the hefty price ($32). I have several different colours and can honestly say they are worth the splurge. One of my all time favourites is the blush in orgasm. If you like peachy toned blushes, then this one is for you. It also had a very subtle gold sheen that makes your skin glow.

4. Bareminerals Lipgloss. Recently I have been enjoying lip products more that I ever have. Lipgloss is one of those things that like blush, can make you feel a little more alive. Bareminerals makes wonderful glosses that come in a nice range of colours and are a decent price ($23).

5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. This palette is a more recent purchase of mine and to be honest I wasn't sure about it at first. When you swatch the powders, especially the first one, you might be left wondering what it's actually supposed to do. The first time I used the first shade (dusted all over), I was pleasantly surprised with how it made my face seem flawless. The first shade doesn't have any shimmer or sheen, it's actually very bizarre as it doesn't seem very special when swatched. I took this shade and dusted it all over my face after using my Vita Zing moisturizer and it gave me this smooth finished look. The other two shades have a nice shimmer to them to highlight your cheek bones. This palette is on the pricey side ($65) but again it seems like it would last a while.

These are just a few of my favourite products to use on a more regular basis to brighten my appearance up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment