Friday, May 30, 2014

Birthdays, headbands and photoshoot! General Post

This week has flown on by, I cannot believe its already the weekend!! My 25th birthday was on Tuesday and I loved spending it with my sweet little girl. She honestly just melts my heart over and over. She was so cuddly and happy all day long. It was awesome. Birthdays for me seem to feel less and less special as each year goes on - and I'm still only in my twenties. Ugh. Regardless, having Harper to spend it with made it special. My mom and dad had planned to take me out for lunch with the babe however my dad got a really yucky stomach bug and had to cancel. We got to go out for lunch today though and boy is it nice to get out of the house! I also can't remember a time I had a meal with just my parents, no Fraser and no brothers. I honestly think it was a first. Little miss Harper Lynn was such a good girl the entire time - she even fell asleep on my mom while we were eating!

She was a little small for the restaurants highchair but she was so well behaved sitting on my lap, the entire time I ate. Honestly, she rocks!

I've been so excited ALL week for Harper's 6 month photo shoot which is tomorrow. We loved our newborn photos we had taken of her and it was a no brainer of which photographer we were going with for her 6 month pictures. All week I've been making little headbands to go with all of her outfit changes and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!

I have a bunch of different elastics but I have to say, my favourite is probably the glittery ones. They just make the headbands look that much better!

On top of making headbands I also got a chance to do some paper crafting. I made a few cards and some cute tags as well. I love paper crafting - I find it so peaceful and relaxing. I had a bunch of new stuff I hadn't had a chance to play with yet, so I thought I would do a little craft "haul":

I got some versa mark ink to do some heat embossing with, an ATG adhesive gun which I have wanted for a long long time, a wink of stella glitter pen, some new Lawn Fawn stamp sets (my favourite), some adhesive squares - and a few other misc. items.

I cannot wait for us to get our Ikea furniture next weekend so I can finally organize all of my craft stuff - I have piles of craft supplies in our dinner room and it is not cute! Not to mention its a total pain the ass to do a craft when you have all of your supplies all over the place - its a nightmare for me. But soon I will have a nice crafting space in our office with a big bookcase to organize everything (currently in Harpers room) and a nice little desk to craft on! SO exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment