Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Harpers Photoshoot and Update: General Post

This past Saturday, Harper had her 6 month photo shoot and holy crap am I ever excited to get these photos! She was pretty happy during the hour shoot, except for the last 20 minutes or so since it was right around her nap-time. We went with 'Inspired Photography by Christy' (she's located in St.Thomas) who also did Harper's newborn session which turned out amazing! She's super talented and has amazing taste in regards to her style of photography. I love the natural feel you get with her photos, which is exactly what I wanted. I initially made headbands to go with the outfits I had picked out but when I got there I completely changed my mind. My headbands are little more funky and really cute to top off Harper's everyday outfits, but I wasn't feeling it for her photos. Christy has a lot of soft and delicate headbands specifically made for her photo-shoots and they went a lot better with the backdrops we had chosen. Christy also had some seriously cute outfits for Harper that I fell in love with. Here's two sneak peeks of the photo shoot:
This outfit Christy had specially made and it is seriously adorable! I think it suits Harper perfectly - and LOOK at those chubby arms! Nom nom!
This is one of the outfits I chose for Harper (from Baby Gap) and a delicate headband that Christy had. I just love this outfit, it makes me think of a flower child. Ha. I feel like this style suits Harper perfectly - rather than having her in a big pink tutu for her shoot.

Fraser and I got in on some of the photos with Harper - we did a few family shots and each got some photos with Harper alone. I was super excited to have some photos with Harper by myself because when we had her newborn photos - I felt like utter crap and had braces. SO I wasn't exactly photogenic (I never really am..). SO this time around I really wanted a sweet picture of her and I.

As for for Fraser, he tried to re-create one of the photos from her newborn session (shown below). These following photos from her newborn session literally made me cry when I first saw them. They're so beautiful, like something from a magazine. So he tried doing a similar photo with Harper - super excited to see how they turned out!!

The rest of the weekend was pretty fun too. We went out for lunch to one of my favourite restaurants, East Side Mario's (yum), for my birthday. Miss Harper was in a really cute white romper with navy polka dots - but she decided to have a pooh explosion while we were there so I put in her in a boring undershirt since it was pretty warm out. She's such a ham!

Then we went to the dollarstore to grab some small baskets for me to organize my makeup and craft stuff. I want all of my craft stuff nicely organized for when we get our Ikea furniture this weekend, and can finally make a proper office/craft area in our third bedroom. I was so excited when I found these clear organizers (shown below) because they remind me so much of some I've seen in Bed Bath and Beyond (which were certainly more than a dollar each there!)

I have the Alex drawer system from Ikea that just had all of my makeup floating around - not cool. So now I have things a little more organized. I'm thinking I need to go get some more! I've also told Fraser that I am not allowed to buy anymore makeup - honestly, who the hell needs this much? Ridiculous! Especially since I wear very minimal makeup anyways. Sheesh.

Now on to my craft stuff. I collect stamp sets so I needed some small baskets to nicely display them in a matter that was neat. I found these gray/silver bins that were two for $1.50 - they fit my stamp sets nicely. Again, I think I want to go back for more since I'm sure I will need more down the road. I think they'll go nicely on my large white bookcase that I will be using to store all of my craft stuff! I will make sure to take photos once we start organizing the office this coming weekend! SO excited. 
These three containers were perfect for my ink pads! In the red handle one I put all of my red, pink and purple ink pads. In the green one I put all of my green, yellow and orange ink pads. In the blue handle one, I put all of my blue, greys and darker ink pads in it.

A quick update on my little babe. Harper is is still currently sleeping with Fraser and I and is still getting up every 2-3 hours to nurse. This whole suck to sleep association is SOOOOOO hard to break in babies. I'm currently trying a technique from my no cry sleep solution books (talked about in previous posts) - where I break the latch when Harper is nursing once her sucking slows down. Thus, hopefully shortening the length of time she is nursing to a point when she will hopefully not need to wake up anymore. Now another problem with this is that she does not know how to fall asleep on her own. She thinks she needs to nurse to go to sleep. Again, not an easy fix when you don't want to let your baby cry it out! Oh well. I keep telling myself that she's only going to be this small for so long and to enjoy every minute. 
She makes me so happy and if I need to get up every 2-3 hours to sooth her in the night, it is totally worth it!
   (Headband made by me, shirt and shorts from Baby Gap)

No comments:

Post a Comment