Monday, May 26, 2014

Crafting, Decorating and teething! General Post

This past weekend was a bunch of fun and very very busy. We did our running around Friday night - grocery shopping, the usual boring stuff! Saturday, we had some friends over for a BBQ which was lots of fun. The weather was sooo beautiful the whole weekend which got Fraser and I in the mood to decorate and organize! We even hung our first picture up in our dining room/sitting room - we still need to paint in this room, but we have to remove a 60's air conditioner that sticks out of the wall first (hopefully this summer).

We may or may not try to find a larger painting for above these two chairs, but for now it looks good!

Sunday, Fraser and I had both our parents over at different times for visits with Harper. My dad helped Fraser tackle our crazy lawn that seriously needed some TLC and it looks so much better!

I have so many fun ideas for our house, but I need to have patience and know we can't do everything all at once! And I am not a patient person! ha.

Harper's 6 month photo shoot is coming up this Saturday and I am making some cute headbands for her different outfits. I love making cute accessories for Harper and the great thing about making them myself is I can make one to match everyone of her outfits! Haha. I make her headbands out of glittery elastic, regular elastic and 100% wool felt (not the cheap crap from the dollarstore). The 100% wool felt holds up a lot nicer and doesn't ball up like cheap synthetic felt.

 
The outfits I have picked out for Harper's photo shoot are probably not the typical outfits most would pick out for their little girls. Most people would have loads of pink clothing and accessories or tutus, but I like a more natural pallet. I love yellows, navy blues and definitely rompers/onsies instead of dresses. So excited!

Harper finally has a tooth poking through her gums!! After about 3 months of teething!! I noticed it today when I had her laughing her little booty off. I just caught a quick glimpse of white poking through! I was so excited and slightly terrified because shes breastfed - HA. I would take a picture but I can barely get her tongue out of the way to see the darn thing! haha. She's officially a big girl! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment