Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Harpers Room, In Progress.


 Harpers room is coming along nicely. I mean, it's not anywhere close to being done. I'm always going to be changing something I'm sure! I wanted her room to be light and fresh and I hope that is shown in these pictures.
 
 Excuse the lighting, its been very gloomy these past few weeks. This is a close up of the garland I had specially made, using the colours I wanted in Harpers room. I could have easily made this myself, but I do not have the time!
 I chose to make an accent wall with gold polka dot wall decals, purchased from this Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/FancyItPretty

 In this corner of her room is her diaper genie, her video monitor and her little toy organizer.
 On top of her toy organizer is her noise machine and her frog that puts stars on the ceiling at night.
 For the time being, I am using her toy organizer as storage for all of her daily necessities. I love using it for this! It is truly perfect! The top bucket has her wipes, butt creams, lotions, creams and vitamins. Pretty much everything I use when changing her diaper or for after her bath!
 The middle bucket fits her diapers perfectly! It fits a whole bag from the big boxes of diapers! I honestly think when we have another baby, I'm going to use this same setup! The bottom bucket is the biggest and I use it for her diaper genie refills, more diapers and wipe refills. So awesome.
 This Ikea chair is in her for the time being. I am on the hunt for a nice white armchair and matching foot stool. I want something cozy that Harper and I can cuddle up in and read before bed!
 These book shelves are amazing. I was so excited to put these up. I think it displays her books so sweetly. I wanted some shelves that would be low enough for Harper to get a book herself when she is walking.
 Her dresser is the white stained hemnes dresser from Ikea. I found some white and gold floral knobs from Pier1. I think I might go back and get four more - hopefully they have more!
 I am in love with these pictures. The frames are from Winners and they were an amazing find! I believe each one was $16.99. I got the prints from a shop on Esty - the seller is really talented! https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BillyandScarlet
 The two painted figurines were given to Harper by her great nanny.

 This empty space is where Harpers armoir is going to go once it is painted. Fraser and I still have to sand and paint it a pretty coral colour. I think it will pull her bedroom together. There is also a little night stand that needs to be painted as well. I'm planning on putting it next to her armchair.
This is a shot of her closet. 

There's still a lot to do in her room and it will definitely be a work in progress for a little while until it is perfect! I think today my goal is going to be to paint a wooden letter H gold. I will continue to take pictures of her room as we do more! It's well on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment