Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Outdoor Fun

The weather has been pretty amazing the past few days with the sun peaking out and the snow finally melting away. Yesterday was so beautiful and warm, I had to bring the babies out for a walk. I loaded up our beast of a double stroller with all of the necessities and out the door we went. We went for a stroll around the entire neighborhood - both babes all snuggled up with a warm blanket. Harper was so excited she could hardly contain herself - yelling, "doggies" every time she heard a dog bark. Ella had a rough afternoon, fighting her naps like it was her job (thanks teething), so I was hopeful she would fall asleep on the stroll, no such luck.
After our stroll, as we pulled up our driveway, Harper said "again!" and I immediately dreaded a full on melt down as I attempted to bring her inside. So, we played in the backyard for a little while. Harper ran around in her raincoat and rain boots, stomping through the muddy grass while my OCD self hoped she wouldn't fall on her bum getting her cute pink pants all muddy. Since it wasn't nearly nice enough for Ella to crawl around in the grass, I walked around with her all bundled up in a warm blanket. She held onto a "leaf" that her big sister gave her to play with, such a thoughtful little lady. 
Harper does not require any toys while playing outside, since she is still obsessed with collecting pine cones, leaves, rocks and any other small thing she can find and hold. She seriously has a complete blast trying to hold as many things as possible in her little hands. 
I prepared Harper for the inevitable, telling her "okay baby, two more minutes and then we have to go inside". She obviously has no concept of time yet but I wanted to warn her rather than just bringing her in and surprising her. We have learned that she does not care for coming inside after having so much fun in the backyard. Surprisingly she did really well! I got a little container for all of her findings, to keep them safe for next time we play outside. 
Once I managed to get the girls and the stroller inside, I found Harper like this on the couch, with Ella's headband on. Such a fashionista, haha. Overall it was an amazing day with my girls. I'm glad the weather is starting to warm up, so I can have several more days like this with them before returning to work. Insert sobbing.

1 comment:

  1. Your munchkins are adorable! Love the photos.
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete