Monday, February 29, 2016

Easter Gift Ideas


These are a few of the things I've picked up for the girls. I wanted them each to have a super cute basket that I could re-use years to come and I thought this bunny and lamb one were perfect. I also wanted to get Ella a Jellycat rabbit since I got Harper one for her first Easter. I also picked up this super adorable Jellycat unicorn for Harper because I couldn't resist, because it's a freaking unicorn!

I picked out a few Easter board books and a few fun little toys, including these awesome jumbo alphabet magnets for Harper which I think she's going to love! I also found her a new little play tent (hers is currently falling apart) from Amazon for a good price and it had great reviews. I thought it would be fun to make a trail of eggs that lead to her new tent all built with their little baskets inside.

Now I'm just on the hunt for the perfect little spring outfits and Easter pajamas to complete their baskets. 

Easter is probably my second most favorite holiday after Christmas. I have the best childhood memories from Easter time as a kid. My mom always got us the coolest little gifts for in our Easter baskets and obviously loads of chocolate. The best Easter I had as a child was when I was about 10 or 11 years old, I got a new bike and the Little mermaid VHS (as well as other toys and treats). My mom also made it sort of a tradition that my brothers and I would get a few new spring outfits, which is something I plan to continue with my girls.

   Story time: One Easter when I was maybe 6 or 7, I got up bright and early before anyone else and found all of the eggs. I opened all of the plastic eggs and sorted all of the candy, jellybeans in one pile, chocolate eggs in another. Realizing I was going to get in serious trouble when my parents woke up, being that my brother didn't get a chance to find any eggs, I put all of the candy back into the plastic eggs and re-hid them ALL. My parents never caught on AND I knew where they all were - so I had the advantage!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment