Friday, February 19, 2016

Smarty Pants

Although I've taken a bazillion pictures of Harper, I haven't done an update in a long time. Harper is 27 months old now. It feels like just last month she was just starting to crawl and then walk. Now she's this big girl with a super big personality. First of all, she is one of the sweetest kids I know. I'm not just saying that because she is my child, which makes her totally awesome ;), but because she truly is. She is always so concerned with everyone around her. For instance, she cannot handle when her baby sister Ella is upset. The second Ella starts to cry, Harper will run over hands overflowing with toys to try and cheer her up. If the toys don't do the trick, then she's full of kisses and head patting. It's so amazing to watch her try and comfort her sister. My favourite is when she says to Ella "c'omm here" (trying to mimic me), with her hands out. 

When Harper gets upset she always wants a hug. She will come running to Fraser or I asking for a hug. It's the sweetest thing ever.
Since Harper started to talk, it was very apparent to us that she was very intelligent. She picked up new words so quickly and also new the proper context in which to use them - which was the most impressive to Fraser and I. Now Harper uses multiple words to form sentences and also knows her entire alphabet, numbers 1-10, colours and animals (including the noises they all make). Her memory is amazing. You can tell her something once and she will remember it. If you read a book to her for the first time, she will remember the title and what it was about. She's a total book worm. If she is in a room full of toys and books, she will first go to the books. She brings books to Fraser and I constantly, sitting on our lap, wanting us to read to her. For bed, she wants us to read 5+ books to her.
Harper's been an amazing sleeper since she was 13 months old. At night she sleeps between 12-14 hours and still has a 2 hour nap after lunch everyday. I'm hoping Ella eventually sleeps that well.
This little girl brings so much light, love and happiness into our lives - and we're so proud of the little lady she is becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment