Friday, March 11, 2016

Growing up too fast

I say this almost daily, my babies are growing up too fast. Harper seems to have gone from a baby to a little lady overnight. I feel like shes grown up so fast in the last 6 months because she's a big sister and no longer the little baby anymore. She's also incredibly smart for her age which also makes her seem older than she is. We've discovered over the past few months that she is very emotional and very sensitive. Her feelings get hurt very easily and she wants constant hugs and reassurance throughout the day - which we are okay with since it's the sweetest thing ever. Harper is very passive like her daddy and is the most considerate little girl ever.
 Harper also likes to play favorites everyday. She will either wake up in the morning a daddies girl or a mommies girl - never both. Once she has picked who she wants, she is attached to that person all day not wanting much to do with the other. It can be frustrating at times, but we like for her to make her own choices as much as possible. Obviously I get more mommy day's being that I'm home on maternity leave - woo hoo!!
Now our sweet Ella. Oh boy, where do I start?!? She is a mini me, which is both awesome and terrifying. She is a very serious baby who always has a scowl on her face - but when she smiles, holy moly it's pretty amazing. She is very independent, trying to always keep up with her sister. Currently she's a little slap happy, from having to learn from a very young age to swat her big sister out of her face (Harper's bad for hovering an inch away from Ella's face which would probably drive me crazy too). Now whenever Fraser or I go in for a kiss it's up in the air whether we will get a sweet kiss or a smack in the face - we're currently working on her being "gentle".
 The past few weeks, Ella has been pulling herself up on things. I have a feeling she is going to walk earlier than her big sister did.
 Ella has been doing the army crawl for over a month now. But recently has been motoring. I feel like I put her down in one spot, I turn around and she's already on the other side of the room into something. Little monkey.
Ella is also the absolute worst when it comes to picking things off of the floor and eating it. The picture above is exactly what she does constantly, while she's playing on the floor. I will sweep the floor and she will still manage to find something to put in her mouth. I've also noticed that she likes to empty bins, blocks or other small toys, and will put them all back. She will do this over and over and seems to have a blast.

 Harper has been right into accessories lately. She is all about her "hair cripps" and "gwasses" or even my scarves. She will wrap a scarf around her neck while also rocking her sunglasses and about five different hair clips. Cutest thing ever.
Meal times with these two is pretty hilarious. Harper thankfully has been less picky and trying new foods again. With Ella it just depends on her mood. If she's tired or cranky, she will swat everything that comes within in an arms reach, usually resulting in her being covered head to toe in food - along with the floor, table, me, the dog..Ella never wants to drink her sippy cup but would rather have Harpers. Harper will scream her head off if she isn't the one to put Ella's food try on, yelling "I help!". Also a new favourite is "I say please". Harper thinks if she says please, that automatically means she's going to get what she wants. So if she's already said please, and I tell her no, she will say "I say please" as if that will make me change my mind. Makes me laugh almost every time. 

These two are the cutest little ladies ever! And as sad as it is to see them growing up so quickly, it is also a total blast. Love them both to pieces. 

The next thing on the agenda is planning Ella's 1st birthday party - waaaaaaahhhh. I'm thinking a woodland creatures theme: baby deer, owls, wood, gold (my favourite). Something cute and girly but not pink overload. 

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment