Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ella's First Easter 2016

This Easter weekend was amazing. I was so excited that this was going to be Harper's first Easter finding eggs hidden around the house. Last year I hid a few eggs in her playroom, but she was still too young to grasp the concept of actually looking for them.
We started off the festivities Saturday night by getting the girls dressed into these adorable BabyGap bunny jammies after their baths. I had to snap a few pictures and the results were amazing. It is so apparent how much these two love each other.
After we got the girls to bed, Fraser and I got the girls Easter gifts ready. Fraser built their new little tent while I rearranged their gifts and hid all of the eggs around the house. I could not wait until they woke up the next morning and of course everyone slept in!
Harper immediately saw the Easter basket sitting outside of her room with a trail of eggs going down the hallway. The second I put the first egg in her basket, she started running around collecting them all. It took her a while to find them all since I hid about 80 eggs around the house, no exaggeration.
The last few eggs were hidden in their new tent, both girls were excited to crawl in and find them.
After the egg hunt was done and the girls started playing with their new toys, I started getting everything set up for our Easter brunch. I didn't want to do a big dinner since we entertained for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I figured a brunch would be easier and something different. I baked homemade banana bread the day before. We got bought some freshly baked croissants and fruit to put out. I also prepared a french toast bake the night before (it has to sit in the fridge overnight) which I popped in the oven about an hour before family arrived.
I took some pictures of my littlest bunny and I since it was her first Easter. Gosh I love this little girl so much,
After family came over for brunch and the girls had a nap, I couldn't help but get the girls dolled up to take more pictures. They turned out so good! Probably my favourite pictures of them together. Shortly after my little photo shoot was done we brought the girls for a cruise in their new wagon from Grandma and Grandpa. The weather was beautiful and the girls loved it.
After our walk, everyone was pooped, hence Ella's not so thrilled expression above, and we were eager to hit the hay. We are so thankful to have such an amazing little family and to get to celebrate the true meaning of Easter with those who we love. Hope everyone had an amazing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment