Thursday, March 17, 2016

Ella's 9 Month Update

 Our sweet Ella turned 9 months a few days ago. I just want time to slow down. I want to keep her a baby a little while longer. The idea of both my girls being "big girls" is enough to make me sob.
Ella had her doctors appointment last week, she weighs exactly 19 lbs and is 27" long. She is still our tiny toad. Like I've said since she was born, she makes up for size with her personality. I have however, noticed she has mellowed out a bit lately. I'm thinking that's because she has a tooth up and another that's poked through the gums. She is a lot happier and a lot less sassy!
Ella is a complete ham. She makes Fraser and I laugh daily with her funny little quirks. For instance she is obsessed with Fraser's facial hair, constantly pulling at his beard the second he picks her up. She is also fascinated with ears - especially if I'm wearing earrings. She dances already, which is completely hilarious. The second music comes on, even if its in another room, she starts to bob up and down. Even if music isn't on, and you start to sing, she will start dancing. Melts my heart, having two tiny little dancers.
Ella is also on the move. She has been crawling for the past month (although she doesn't do it entirely correctly, it's more of a scoot). She is also pulling herself up using anything that can hold her weight, which terrifies me because it seems so wrong since she's so tiny! I think she just wants to keep up with her big sister.
Napping still isn't the greatest. She was an AMAZING napper up until 4 months old. Then the 4 month sleep regression and teething hit and it's been a yo-yo since. I see a slight improvement the past two weeks but still not great. Her sleeping at night has gotten a lot better though (thank goodness). She goes to bed at around 6:30/7pm and wakes 1-2 times to nurse and sleeps until 6:30/7am. I can't complain and it's only getting better so I anticipate more improvements in the next few months.

Ella still breastfeeds in between having solids three times a day. Her favourite foods are yogurt, applesauce, rice and potato.

Her first word was ma-ma which she usually says when she's tired and cranky. It is still the sweetest thing to hear!
Harper and Ella have a total blast together. They love to play in the patio curtains, staring outside giggling while playing peek-a-boo with one another. They also love having baths together before bed. These moments are what make me so fortunate to have two little girls so close in age, they are going to be the best of friends when their older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment