Friday, July 18, 2014

Harper is 8 months old today

It makes me sad that time goes by so fast. It doesn't feel like Harper is 8 months old already. I just wish I could slow time down and enjoy her being a baby for longer. I feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow and she's going to be walking and talking. I'm not ready for that yet. I'm excited for that to happen, but not ready for it to be right now. 

Things that have changed in the past month would definitely be her sleeping in her crib for her naps and eating her solids a little bit better. I even got her to sleep in her for the first part of the night last night. I'm going to be honest, it felt to weird going to bed without her. I actually missed her in bed with us. My little cuddle muffin. I'm hoping I can get her in there again tonight, even if it's for a few hours - whatever I can get, its an improvement. 

(Seriously..those freaking legs and feet - I am obsessed)

Harper is sitting up a lot better - not tumbling over nearly as much. If she gets too excited and tries to grab something that is out of her reach, she might tumble (if I wasn't there to catch her). Now, if she wants to get something, she will lean forward to go onto her belly. It's so funny because she can't crawl yet but she will roll and pivot to get what she wants on the floor. I know it's going to be any day now when she decides she wants to try crawling and it's very exciting and terrifying at the same time.

It means we will have to watch her like a hawk and I will need to be obsessive when it comes to cleaning our floors!

This weekend I am looking forward to getting lots done. Fraser and his friend Kyle are going under the addition again to shovel out the rest of the cat pee soaked crap - thank goodness it's not me. I also want to get Harper's book shelves up on her wall and get her books all organized.

I'm excited for a few blog posts I have lined up - my craft room, some DIYS I want to do for Harper's room and some decorating of the house! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment