Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Emotional few days

I've been getting really down about going back to work in November - not because I don't enjoy my job, because I do - it's the fact that I will be saying goodbye to this beautiful face in the morning and leaving her for eight hours. Ugh. Even just thinking about it makes me emotional. Fraser and I are very blessed that we have both of our mothers to watch Harper while we're at work because if I had to drop her off at a strangers house - I wouldn't be returning back to work.

SO I've been trying to get myself out of this funk by spending every minute with this special little girl and taking lots of photos (duh, nothing new there). I want to remember every minute of getting to be home with my girl for the first year of her life. 

It makes me sad that I'm going to miss out on some of her milestones while back at work. At times I have to remind myself of why I need to go back to work - don't get me wrong, I could never just be at home forever and not work - just until she's old enough to go to school :) ha. God forbid anything happened to Fraser, I would still have my job and be able to provide for her. This is the main reason why I could never be a stay at home mom.




It also makes me sad because I feel like everyday shes grown - her hair keeps getting longer, she seems taller or her clothes don't fit her the same anymore. I found myself this past weekend, watching all of the short videos of her when she was really small and I got emotional. People would always tell me how fast they grow and that the baby stage seems to fly by - I didn't want to believe them. And now its happening, my baby is growing up so fast! Obviously I'm excited when she meets another milestone but I want her to stay my chubby baby forever!


 Look at those ARMS!!


 And I have to mention that we've really been seeing Harper's personality blossom lately. She is freaking hilarious! Fraser will roar like a dinosaur and she will roar back - but will continue to do so for 30 minutes at a time. It's the funniest thing. She has this weird obsession with her feet. Anytime we're laying in bed, they're always in her mouth.
 She's also obsessed with breastfeeding. I've said this before, but she finds comfort in nursing and I love that we have that together. I love that when she's nursing, she looks so peaceful - to the point that she will drape her one arm over her eyes and fall asleep. It's the sweetest thing ever.

She LOVES our dog Josie. I mean - she is slightly obsessed with her lately. It is sooo freaking adorable. She will give Josie her hand to lick and will bust out laughing and giggling. 

 She is always smiling and not just a little smile but a full face smile that is completely contagious. I've never seen a happier baby than Harper and I want her to stay that way forever.

 Everyone says their baby is brilliant - but Harper truly is a little genius. She's known how to turn the fish tank in her crib on and off for for months now. She has a treasure chest that makes music when you put a coin in it - after watching me do it, she will sit there a repeat it over and over. Anything that has a tag on it, she works her little fingers and grasps it and puts it in her mouth!




I've said it once before and I will say it 100 more times - I am so lucky to be this little ladies momma. She is my whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment