Friday, June 3, 2016

Returning to Work

Firstly, can we take a moment to appreciate all the cuteness that is Ella's kiss face. She started this about two weeks ago and I seriously cannot get enough! The funniest though is when she's doing this to the dog, who wants anything other than to be kissed, and she just crawls around following her with this face. It makes me bust out every.single.time.
On other less cute and happy news, this coming Monday marks a week before I return back to work. I've never been so excited and sad to do something in my life. I always tell people, if I didn't have such an awesome job, I wouldn't go back. But I do. Not that work is more important than my kids because it isn't and never will be. However, I can't help but always think, god forbid something happened to Fraser, I would have my job to fall back on. I would be able to take care and support my children. That's why I'm going back.
People also inquire about my Etsy shop and why I don't just do that and work from home. A) my shop is only just starting to get busy/busier B) it does not have dental or health benefits for my family and finally C) it's not reliable. I have no idea how many sales I will get in a month so I would have no way of planning, which is a big no no for me being slightly OCD with planning and organizing. I enjoy running my shop and making pretty things for people but it would need to take off a lot more for me to ever consider doing it full time.
It hasn't fully hit me yet that I'm returning to work in just over a week and it probably won't until Ella's birthday weekend (the Saturday before I return). Then I anticipate lots of water works and anxiety to ensue. I love my girls so much and would love nothing more than to stay at home and watch them grow and learn. I've been literally soaking up every last minute with them, taking them outside everyday, doing crafts and lots of cuddles. But it is coming to a end. I will only get to squeeze them for a short time in the mornings and will get home just in time to feed them dinner, bath them and tuck them into bed. I will cherish weekends as it will seem like the only time I'm not rushing around getting things done, where I can sit and play with them. Okay, maybe the water works won't wait until next weekend, sigh.
I'm so lucky and grateful to be these girls momma's. I seriously cannot believe some days that they are mine. That I created them. I carried them for 9 months each. And would do it again in a heartbeat! Love you my sweet Harper and Ella, to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment