Thursday, July 30, 2015

Home with 2 under 2



The thought of being home with both girls (being so little) was enough to give me anxiety when I was at the end of my pregnancy with Ella. I thought over and over about how the heck I would manage to pull it off - having one attached to the boob 90% of the day while also taking care of the other. Once Ella was born I had the baby blues for the first two weeks. Anytime I thought about Fraser returning to work, I broke down in tears. It didn't help that Ella started having trouble nursing due to her lip and tongue which just added a whole other element to my worries. 

Luckily the baby blues passed and I wasn't an emotional wreck any longer (phew). Being home with both girls has been amazing. Ella has been nursing wonderfully and Harper has been dealing with the lack of attention (getting used to not being the only baby) extremely well. Harper will see I have put Ella down and will come over for some snuggles or will bring me a book or toy. I have mastered utilizing the time I'm not nursing or soothing Ella, with playing or cuddling with Harper.



Harper is growing at a crazy rate. Everyday it amazes me all that she knows - all of the new words she's learned and her understanding of what I am asking. The little turkey still only has eight teeth, I'm waiting for the morning she wakes up totally miserable with about 8 new teeth poking through - ugh. We have seen some sneak peeks into the terrible two stage: slapping, saying no to everything, random tantrums over nothing. I think she's also ready to be toilet trained. She tells Fraser and I when she's going to poop. But I keep thinking is, Oh boy that's going to be fun with a small baby who is constantly nursing. I just know Harper will have to use the potty at the exact moment Ella is nursing. I better get used to walking and nursing at the same time.
 
Harper giving her sis big kisses.

Overall I am impressed with myself how well I've been taking care of both my girls - juggling both wanting to eat at the same time, both pooping at the same time, both screaming at the same time. There's moments in the day where I want to have a mini melt down, but many more moments where I am overjoyed with these two little blessings that mean the whole world to me.







No comments:

Post a Comment