Monday, June 8, 2015

Overdue + Induction

 

Well my due date has officially passed, I am now 4 days overdue with baby # 2. I didn't expect to make it this long in my pregnancy with health issues and past stresses, but here we are. Baby girl has until this Wednesday to make her debut or I am being induced sometime on Wednesday (6 days overdue). My OB wasn't going to make me wait until I was 41 weeks to book an induction date, probably because of the fact that I have been in pre-labor for the past two weeks (constant contractions) and I am 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced (as of last Thursday). I am really nervous about being induced, only because I never experienced that with Harper (my water broke when I was 5 days overdue). I'm hoping it won't be anything major being that my body has already started gearing up. I know a lot of women that had to be induced at 41 weeks due to no dilation or effacement - which makes the process a little more difficult. With me being dilated and my cervix thinning, they will break my water and hopefully my body will do the rest.

Surprisingly I have had a ton of energy and have been nesting like crazy. Fraser's officially home for the next three weeks which eases my mind being that he can chase after Harper while I clean and organize the house like a mad women. I usually feel really good in the morning and go down hill pretty quickly throughout the day.

We've been busy playing and entertaining Harper - making use of every last moment we have as a family of three. This past weekend was so beautiful, so we spent a lot of time with Harper outside - going for walks and playing in the backyard. Here's a bunch of random pictures from the weekend:


These were some cute shots I got of Fraser and Harper touching my big belly:


Also some quick picks of the nursery. I still have lots to do in her room, but I wanted some progress shots:


It's been a busy last week, getting any last minute things finished before the baby is here and now it seems we are at the end. If I don't go into labor tonight (which would be cool if I did because then both babies would have been 5 days overdue), we will spend tomorrow just relaxing with Harper and triple checking our hospital bags for Wednesday. We cannot wait until we meet this little lady and to finally see what it is going to be like to be a family of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment