Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day, Hair Cut + Contractions

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I sure did. Not only did Fraser spoil me but he also made me relax and do pretty much nothing all weekend. My Mother's Day gift was a little shopping spree at one of my favourite stores, Home Sense. He also had me order in whatever food I wanted for dinner as he felt I shouldn't have to cook on "my" weekend. Pfff, okay, sounds good to me. Haha! So I requested Chinese food and it was delicious!

My weekend started off with a hair appointment - I was about 2 and a half years over due :) I got 12 inches cut off and donated it - which always feels awesome. I was very happy with the end result.
Fraser took a before picture of how long my hair was - it was touching my bum!!
Harper was apparently not in the mood for a photo ;)
One of my favourite clothing items currently with the weather warming up, has definitely been maxi dresses. I am too big to fit into a lot of my maternity clothes (my belly usually sticks out the bottom), so dresses it is! This picture was taken at 36 weeks 3 days.

Yesterday was a little rough for me. I started having painful contractions at around lunch time that were all over the place. I had to call Fraser and have him come home as I was a little worried. At first they were so inconsistent, happening every 20 minutes, then every 10 minutes, then every 30 minutes. About 4 hours after they started they stayed at 10 minute intervals for about 3 hours. This is when I was wondering if this little girl was going to make an early appearance. I did everything, drank lots of water, had a warm bath, a warm drink and tried my hardest to get comfy and relax. Finally at almost 10 o'clock at night, the contractions got further apart and then finally stopped. Being 37 weeks I would have no concern of her coming, however I always think it's best for them to be in the womb as long as possible.

I'm very curious to see when this little babe is ready to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment