Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Boogie Bubbles & Anxiety

(Dried boogies and orange creamsicle stained cuteness)
Harper has had a yucky cold for the past 4 or 5 days which has meant lots and lots of boogies. The poor thing goes from being congested to having snot running down her face. The first few nights were brutal because she had such a hard time sleeping with her nose being blocked up - which meant I wasn't getting much sleep. I immediately had Fraser run out to pick up the Vick's vaporizer, baby Vick's and a snot sucker (yum). It's hilarious and slightly sad how much she loves having the baby Vick's rubbed on her chest and back. She would literally bring me the jar and while I'm smearing it on her, she would lay back and say "mmmmm". Poor thing. I remember how lovely it was to have my mom put Vick's on my chest and back when I was sick, it is very relieving when you're so stuffed up.


Although it was very apparent from her sniffles and non-stop stream of green goodness snot, Harper was truly in the best mood considering. I made a point to get her outside into the sunshine to get some much needed fresh air. We've discovered she loves it outside and is a total pain to get back into the house (a tantrum usual follows the second you start walking towards the door).


Overall for Harper's first time being sick, she has been a little trooper. I am looking forward to no more boogies though :)

Fraser's having his wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow and having to be put under for the first time ever - which is giving me major anxiety. I know everything will be fine BUT I am a worrier and will be happy when he's home in bed so I can take of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment